Access Your Account
Board Approved Clinical Supervisor (BACS) is the designation required for LCSWs to supervise LMSWs for licensure. The Rules, Standards and Procedures for Licensed Clinical Social Workers, promulgated in accordance with the Administrative Procedures Act , require that Licensed Clinical Social Workers meet the following minimum qualifications in order to provide supervision:
- Hold the LCSW license
- Verify at least 3 years of full-time social work experience at the LCSW level
- Appropriately conduct all supervisory duties explicated in the Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners’ Supervision for Professional Development and Public Protection: A Guide (available from the board office)
- Complete a board orientation workshop
- Participate in a board pre-approved workshop on the theory and techniques of supervision as well as procedures used in supervision toward licensure.
- 2 letters of reference to the board from other professional (one of whom should be a LCSW) who are familiar with the licensee’s work, including supervision skills
Key benefits and supervision inlcude helping ensure the quality of the social work profession and earning extra income.
Supervision eligible for licensure must be completed in accordance with §503 of the Rules, Standards and Procedures.
Licensed Master Social Workers that obtained supervision credit prior to September 1, 2007 can use the Supervision Worksheet to convert months of social work practice and supervision into hours.
To locate a BACS, please search our licensee database. For a schedule of Board approved supervision workshops, please view our calendar.
|BACS Initial Training||NASW-LA Chapter||Dr. Alan Kirk, LCSW||12/06/2018||Shreveport, LA||Register Here|
|A Toolbox to Success in Supervision, Ethics and Cultural Diversity||Laury A. Bourgeois, LCSW-BACS||Laury A. Bourgeois, LCSW-BACS||01/31/2019 - 02/01/2019||New Orleans, LA||Register Here|
|New BACS Workshop||LSU School of Social Work||Dr. Catherine Lemieux, LCSW-BACS||02/14/2019 - 02/15/2019||Baton Rouge, LA|
|BACS Initial Training||NASW-LA Chapter||Dr. Alan Kirk, LCSW||04/25/2019||Baton Rouge, LA||Register Here|
|BACS Initial Training||NASW-LA Chapter||Dr. Alan Kirk, LCSW||06/14/2019||New Orleans, LA||Register Here|