Access Your Account
Board Approved Clinical Supervisor (BACS) is the designation required for LCSWs to supervise LMSWs for licensure. The Rules, Standards and Procedures for Licensed Clinical Social Workers, promulgated in accordance with the Administrative Procedures Act , require that Licensed Clinical Social Workers meet the following minimum qualifications in order to provide supervision:
- Hold the LCSW license
- Verify at least 3 years of full-time social work experience at the LCSW level
- Appropriately conduct all supervisory duties explicated in the Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners’ Supervision for Professional Development and Public Protection: A Guide (available from the board office)
- Complete a board orientation workshop
- Participate in a board pre-approved workshop on the theory and techniques of supervision as well as procedures used in supervision toward licensure.
- 2 letters of reference to the board from other professional (one of whom should be a LCSW) who are familiar with the licensee’s work, including supervision skills
Key benefits and supervision inlcude helping ensure the quality of the social work profession and earning extra income.
Supervision eligible for licensure must be completed in accordance with §503 of the Rules, Standards and Procedures.
Licensed Master Social Workers that obtained supervision credit prior to September 1, 2007 can use the Supervision Worksheet to convert months of social work practice and supervision into hours.
To locate a BACS, please search our licensee database. For a schedule of Board approved supervision workshops, please view our calendar.
|A Toolbox to Success in Supervision: Ethics and Cultural Diversity||Laury Bourgeois, LCSW-BACS||Laury Bourgeois, LCSW-BACS||March 6, 2020||2617 Columbus Street, New Orleans, LA 70119||Lauryab990@hotmail.com|
|Board Approved Initial BACS Workshop||Nita Baucom, LCSW-BACS||Nita Baucom, LCSW-BACS||March 7, 2020||5600 General De Gaulle, New Orleans, LAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|New BACS Training||NASW-LA Chapter||Dr. Alan Kirk||April 2, 2020||The Arts Council of Central LA - Alexandria, LA||Register Here|
|New BACS Training||NASW-LA Chapter||Dr. Alan Kirk||May 14, 2020||LA Dept. of Children & Family Services - Baton Rouge, LA||Register Here|
|New BACS Training: So, you want to be a BACS||Tulane School of Social Work||Parker Sternbergh, LCSW-BACS||September 26, 2020||
127 Elk Place
Please allow eight (8) week for processing and board approval