If your LCSW-BACS and your Agency Supervisor are the same individual, please complete the Supervision Contract 1.
LMSW needs to start the LCSW Application, so supervision hours can be logged by the BACS
LCSW Application Questions
How many face-to-face supervisory sessions can a LMSW have in a month?
There is not a limit as to how many hours can be completed monthly or weekly, however the supervisee still must meet the supervision requirements-96 face to face hours and 3000 supervised work hours.
- No ratio allows the supervisee/supervisee freedom to meet more often if needed (and receive credit) or just meet 2 hours a month if that is needed as well
What are the 3 phases of the LCSW Application?
- Phase 1 [Supervision]: Phase 1 of the LCSW Application contains the Record of Supervision, Professional Experience Verification Record and the Evaluation of Supervision. This phase will allow an LMSW to keep track of supervision.
- Once ALL steps on the supervision phase are completed and verified, an LMSW will move to Phase 2: Application for Licensure.
- Phase 2 [Application for Licensure]: The LMSW will be able to complete the rest of the application, which includes the $103 Application fee and the Background Check.
- Phase 3 [Examination]: When the Board approves the LCSW application, an LMSW will move to the exam phase. The LMSW will be able to register to test with ASWB and will see testing instructions on this phase.
**As of January 1, 2022, all Supervision documents were to be completed through Certemy. If an LMSW is trying to get the paper Record of Supervision hours onto Certemy, please review the PowerPoint below and click the LCSW Application above. Once you have the LCSW Application on your Certemy profile, you will see detailed instructions on how to get your hours to show on Certemy as well.
Does the LMSW or the LCSW-BACS log the supervision sessions?
The LMSW will initially invite their LCSW-BACS to the Record of Supervision and the BACS will be in charge of logging each session met.
LMSW: You will need to invite your BACS to the Record of Supervision step on the LCSW Application. After the initial invite to your BACS, you do NOT need to invite again for the the future sessions.
***You can keep track of hours after your BACS submits an entry by looking at the hours by submitted and pending confirmation on the Record of Supervision step.
LCSW-BACS: You cannot log face to face sessions without an initial invite from your supervisee. After the initial invite, your supervisee does NOT need to invite you again. Once this form is on your Supervisor profile, you are in charge of logging sessions on the Record of Supervision form by clicking add record.
SUPERVISION CONTRACT CERTEMY STATUS KEY
Completed– Step has been completed by Supervisee and Supervisor and has been approved by the Board.
Pending Verification– Step has been completed by Supervisor AND Supervisee and is pending review and approval from the Board.
Partially Completed– Supervisee has invited Supervisor to complete this step. Once the Supervisor completes their part, this will change to ‘Pending Verification’.
Incomplete– Supervisee has not started this step or invited their Supervisor.